Friday, November 16, 2012

Germans in your own home?

For those travelers who wish to see the world on a budget and meet locals along the way couchsurfing remains a very promising option.  If you're not familiar http://www.couchsurfing.org/ is a website that enables hosts and travelers to find people they feel they'd get along with to stay with for a period of time on travels in almost any country and any major city on earth.  While this may sound sketchy to the unknown the website has had very few issues regarding safety, feedback left by other surfers allows people to have an idea of what staying with someone might be like and if they seem trustworthy.  If you would like to meet travelers and make new friends offering up your couch to surfers is a great way to do so.  In my time of offering my couch up on couchsurfing I have met many interesting and friendly people, a majority of which were Germans.


Germans are known for their love of travel and general respect for the countries they visit, and every German person I have hosted has been respectable and a joy to hang out with.  Many German visitors I have had wished to spend time with me and my friends doing what we normally do for fun, and have been great company and provided a great outlet for me to practice my German with a native speaker.  Lots of these German travelers came from work and travel adventures in Canada to see the United States, some of them spent their first day in the US with me and I was always very happy to show them around and provide them with a great experience in Seattle.




















Germans are not the only people you will meet if you offer up your couch of course.  I have hosted all sorts of travelers, from Hong Kong to Uzbekistan I have met and made great friends from all over the world.  If you are trusting in the general good of human beings and want to meet fellow world explorers than I cannot think of a better outlet than offering up your couch for them.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment